Happy Friday everyone, this week the Pick ‘n Mix blogger’s linky link up run by myself and Eilidh at Mummy and Monkeys has a had a redesign and some changes.
We may very well change more things as time goes on as we are looking to revamp it a lot. To start with though, I have had a play around and redesigned the linky badge, as you can see above – you can still grab the badge from the bottom of this post using the code.
I have also designed a special badge for those of you who get chosen each week as mine or Eilidh’s favourite post for the week. Entirely up to you if you want to display it, but if you have been chosen as a favourite post before, or are in the future, then feel free to display this badge on your site. Like I said though completely optional.
My favourite from last week, who can grab the badge above if they want to, was the lovely Sarah from Mud Cakes and Wine with her post about her recent pretty traumatic birth, the title of the post says it all bless her – VBAC When a Uterus Ruptures.
You might be wondering how mean I am for this to by my ‘favourite’, but it’s my favourite as Sarah is raising awareness of the symptoms of this and it’s also my favourite because she and her gorgeous little one are here to tell the tale when it could have been so different. So pleased for you gorgeous lady, and seriously loving the baby spam on my Facebook feed :)
We previously changed it to make sure everyone got at least one visit and comment other than mine and Eilidh’s ones, by saying that you should comment on the blog post before yours. This we are keeping, to try and keep things fair.
Please remember though, that even if you don’t get many visits or comments from people through Pick ‘n Mix click throughs, we do retweet you which helps to get your blogs out there to others. My Twitter followers are over 12000 at the moment, and if you get chosen as our favourite blog from that week you get a shout out on the next week’s post including a follow link.
ALSO another change, some of you may have heard/noticed that Stumbleupon is becoming really popular with bloggers because of how many site views it can potentially provide if your post strikes a cord. Well each week Eilidh and I will be stumbling half each of your posts that you link up as well, so that’s even more exposure for your blog. Let me know if you get a lot of hits from it each week afterwards :)
Right the actual guidelines for the linky are the same as before (for now):
- Add our badge to your post (ask for help if you need it, we never mind)
- Add your link or links (a max of two please) to the Inlinkz below
- Please comment on the host posts
- Comment on the post before yours, and as many other posts as you have the time to visit.
- Use the #PicknMix on social media and when commenting so that others know you have a Pick ‘n’ Mix Fridays post for them to return the favour and read
- Feel free to tag us in your post tweet @stevie_couch and @MummyandMonkeys for a retweet, again use the #PicknMix Please be aware though, with no offence intended, that if the title to your post has a swear word in it that isn’t at least partly obscured by symbols, then I will try to choose another post from your twitter feed to retweet. I try to keep my social media and blog 100% family friendly, plus I have several 10-year-olds from my youngest son’s class following me on twitter.
You can add any post (or two) new or old, any subject including reviews, competitions and more. ALL bloggers are welcome, whether you are a parenting blogger, or any other type of blogger – so long as you write in English, as google translate isn’t always up to the job. The more of a ‘mix’ the better, as it makes it a lot of fun to read them all :)
We look forward to reading your links! You will get a visit and comment from at least one of us and many of you will be lucky enough to get one from both of us! I manage pretty much every week to read and comment on every post – you will notice though that some weeks this is at 11pm the night before the next linky opens ;)
As I mentioned above your posts will also now be stumbled as well!
Have a lovely weekend everyone, and thank you for linking up and making Pick ‘n’ Mix a lot of fun for us,