Thank you Jade over at Raising the Rings for the tag to do this post! Love the idea, here’s my ‘I am the Mum who’ list…
I am the Mum Who;
- Means what she says – check out my post about Salad Cream parenting!
- Sings really loudly with the windows open in the car as I drop the boys off at school, and they desperately try to close the windows.
- Can never get enough cuddles from my boys or the overgrown one ;)
- Often has to set my alarm for 2 or 4 am to recheck Fin’s blood glucose as I think his blood glucose will go low and I worry.
- Is always proud of her children so long as they try – grades I don’t care about, effort I do.
- Always gets a lie in at the weekend, don’t hate me!
- Wears gym gear on ‘fat’ days even if I’m not going to the gym, so that people will think ‘meh well at least she’s trying’.
- Loves the weird conversations I have with my youngest almost as much as I love every little freckle on his face.
- Goes to everything, football practice, special assemblies, athletics, you name it I’m there if my boys are. I hate the idea of missing out on a single thing of their growing up.
- Would sell her soul for a Type 1 Diabetes cure for my eldest and every other type 1 diabetic child in the world!
- Loves my eldest’s cheek and have to hide my face sometimes when telling him off as I’m secretly laughing and loving his ‘spark’.
- Has been known to draw eyes and a nose above her tummy button to turn it into a ‘talking’ face to amuse my children, who think I’m crazy anyway.
- Knows she’s not a ‘perfect’ parent but really does try.
- Gives her children spaghetti on toast a little too often for their tea as we run out of time with all the after school clubs etc.
- Who can’t stand any nail related injuries in her children – this comes from having the tip of one of my pinky fingers missing after a run in with a door as a child. Broken bleeding nails make me feel ill, I can’t even stand people talking about nail issues!
- Who wishes she could press pause before her ‘babies’ get too grown up, it’s going too fast!
- Would literally kill for my children – don’t test me on this one!
Sadly feeling a little emotional writing this one, thinking and hoping that I am the sort of Mum they can be proud of, and that they’ll always have good memories of having me as a Mum – even if I do love to embarrass them!
I tag ANYONE who would like to take part, as I always worry with the tags that there are some people who don’t get tagged, and I don’t want anyone to feel left out!
Stevie x**To comment on this blog you do not need to leave your name, email address or website if you don't wish to. Any information entered will remain private and will not be shared with anyone other than the site owner.