Thank you Jade over at Raising the Rings for the tag to do this post! Love the idea, here’s my ‘I am the Mum who’ list…
I am the Mum Who;
- Means what she says – check out my post about Salad Cream parenting!
- Sings really loudly with the windows open in the car as I drop the boys off at school, and they desperately try to close the windows.
- Can never get enough cuddles from my boys or the overgrown one ;)
- Often has to set my alarm for 2 or 4 am to recheck Fin’s blood glucose as I think his blood glucose will go low and I worry.
- Is always proud of her children so long as they try – grades I don’t care about, effort I do.
- Always gets a lie in at the weekend, don’t hate me!
- Wears gym gear on ‘fat’ days even if I’m not going to the gym, so that people will think ‘meh well at least she’s trying’.
- Loves the weird conversations I have with my youngest almost as much as I love every little freckle on his face.
- Goes to everything, football practice, special assemblies, athletics, you name it I’m there if my boys are. I hate the idea of missing out on a single thing of their growing up.
- Would sell her soul for a Type 1 Diabetes cure for my eldest and every other type 1 diabetic child in the world!
- Loves my eldest’s cheek and have to hide my face sometimes when telling him off as I’m secretly laughing and loving his ‘spark’.
- Has been known to draw eyes and a nose above her tummy button to turn it into a ‘talking’ face to amuse my children, who think I’m crazy anyway.
- Knows she’s not a ‘perfect’ parent but really does try.
- Gives her children spaghetti on toast a little too often for their tea as we run out of time with all the after school clubs etc.
- Who can’t stand any nail related injuries in her children – this comes from having the tip of one of my pinky fingers missing after a run in with a door as a child. Broken bleeding nails make me feel ill, I can’t even stand people talking about nail issues!
- Who wishes she could press pause before her ‘babies’ get too grown up, it’s going too fast!
- Would literally kill for my children – don’t test me on this one!
Sadly feeling a little emotional writing this one, thinking and hoping that I am the sort of Mum they can be proud of, and that they’ll always have good memories of having me as a Mum – even if I do love to embarrass them!
I tag ANYONE who would like to take part, as I always worry with the tags that there are some people who don’t get tagged, and I don’t want anyone to feel left out!