It’s that time again, the end of the month when I do my monthly bucket list, look back at what I have achieved, and make plans for what I want to achieve and do over the following month. To start with, here is how I got on with last month’s list.
- Increase my stats and followers: When I wrote my last bucket list there had been 17109 site views on my blog, as of today there have now been 25584, which I am thrilled by, it’s been my best month visit wise by far since I started my blog in January.My Twitter was at 3655 followers and now I have 4431,Facebook page was at 542 likes, and now has 667, it’s growing slowly but surely!Instagram was 1494 now 1806. I’m becoming a bit of an instagram addict, I love seeing everyone’s photos on there.Pinterest was 2379 and now is at 2569.WordPress/Email I always forget about, but last month was at 120 and is now at 183, I managed to get my WordPress follow me badge up thanks to Maria at Suburban Mum! I follow back any WordPress subscribers by the way…nudge nudge wink wink.
YouTube – I had 32 subscribers, I now have 40. I haven’t been doing any YouTubing lately, and really need to find some time to do some more!
- Stay in the Tots 100 top 500 – very proud to say that not only did I stay in the top 500, but I am now at number 205, which means my badge has a rank number on it, which I love!
- Get some more YouTube videos done – I did add one more video very early in the month of my boys toy testing for Wicked Uncle, but I’ve neglected it again since, there just aren’t enough hours in the day!
- Do the Type 1 Diabetes posts that I have wanted to do for ages – One done and one mid draft, so I’m happy I’ve mostly accomplished this one!
- Find answers to my back, hip and leg issues – My back x-rays and blood tests didn’t find anything, so I am working on losing weight to ease the work my back has to do, I’m only officially 4 lbs overweight, but I want to get right in the middle of my ideal weight range, and I have started doing physio exercises that I’ve been given in the past. Determined to strengthen my back. Luckily though, I’ve been in a lot less pain and it’s less often. After a year of a lot of pain it’s a huge relief!
- Find some storage furniture – We found the perfect set of drawers that match our dining room pretty well, and all my blog paperwork is now neatly organised. There’s a new printer/scanner/copier on top of the new drawers as well, so I have my own little office area.
- To have a wicked time at Legoland Windsor! – I haven’t done the post about it yet, but we did have fun. It was really busy though, so it’s a good job we’d been before as we missed some stuff and had to queue an hour for one of the rides! Instead of just going to Legoland we extended our little holiday and went to Portsmouth first, and then Oxford the day after Legoland.
I’ve had an amazing month, as you can see from my recent Things I’ve liked/loved this month post, and greedy me is hoping for another good one! Here is my little bucket list of aims for this coming month…
- Do a good job on my first Approved Family Friendly assessment visit – I’m now an official Approved Family Friendly blogger, and we already have our first weekend assessment stay booked at a local holiday camp for the 10th July. Just hoping it goes really well, as I’m so pleased to have been given the opportunity!
- To give Fin a great birthday – my ‘baby’ is turning 11 on the 11th July, he’s thrilled we’re staying in a caravan for it, as although we aren’t far from home, he’s the only one who hasn’t been away on his birthday before. Starting to struggle more on the gifts side of things now that he’s more of a mini man though!
- Increase my stats and followers as always – I may struggle with the stats bit this month though, as I had such a ridiculously good month, it’ll take some beating.
- To meet some local bloggers – This one is a little bit of a cheat, as I already know that I am headed to a blogging event in Bodmin next week! I made sure to tell some of the local bloggers I get on with online about it, so that they followed the lingerie company and got invited too. Really excited about this, and not just because I get free lunch and a free underwear set ;)
- Not cry at Fin’s leavers’ assembly – I still can’t believe it’s time for Fin to go to secondary in September, but sadly it is. His current school have been amazing over the years with his type 1 Diabetes care, and at times as a support to me when he was having a few issues that I won’t get in to, but were very stressful. There’s an assembly for all the mini people who are leaving school that the parents are invited to, and I really don’t want to embarrass myself by crying!
- Clean our pit of a house up – blogging and a tidy house aren’t really two things that go together, but I am determined to do yet another ‘spring’ clean, and not just in the ten minutes before people come over.
- Plan our Summer – I want to actually make a list this year of what we want to do and go to over the Summer holidays, I do a what’s on in Cornwall guide that I’m updating this week, which will come in handy for this. Sadly with us having just bought solar panels, we are on a budget more so this Summer, but this is why I need to plan more so that I can work out cheaper ways around things, and arrange free activities where possible!
What would be on your monthly bucket list, or even on your lifetime bucket list?