Just a short post about my favourite 5 blog linkies, linking up with the lovely Maria at Suburban Mum for her Favourite Five linky! Blog linkies or link ups, blog hops, whatever you like to call them, are helpful as a blogger to not only get more site views, but also to build relationships with other bloggers, and get your blog out there and seen by a lot more people.
I run two linkies myself, Ten Things which is live every 25th of the month, and is to link up any post with ten things in it! I also now have a new linky jointly with Mummy and Monkeys, which is Pick ‘n Mix Fridays, which is a weekly one where you can add any post you like.
There are other linkies that I try to join in with though, like Suburban Mum’s Favourite Five that this post is linking up to, if you click on her badge below it will take you to her site for a nose! Here’s a quick run down of my other favourite five blog linkies.
1. The Big Fat Linky jointly hosted by Martyn at Inside Martyn’s Thoughts and Al at The Dad Network, this one goes live every Saturday and I try to link up whenever I know I’ll have time to do enough visiting and commenting to be fair to everyone else.
I love this linky because not only is it any post, and run by two lovely guys (when they aren’t trying to get me trending for supposedly having a beard or moustache!), but because their linky also attracts a lot of Dad bloggers, who I might not have come across before. It’s interesting to get an insight into men’s minds!
2. Brilliant Blog Posts by the equally brilliant Vicki at Honest Mum. This linky goes live every Thursday (although usually late Wednesday night), although occasional it’s a 2 week linky if Vicki is off jet setting somewhere….I’m not jealous at all honestly! I love Vicki’s blog, I’m inspired by all that she has achieved, especially as she works so hard that she deserves every thing that she has achieved, and she’s so lovely you can’t help but cheer her on.
Vicki’s Honest Mum blog is one of the ones that inspired me to start blogging in the first place, and her link up is one of the most popular I have seen so there’s always a wide variety to choose from for reading which I love!
3. Competition Linky by the lovely Rachel over at U Me and The Kids. I try to remember to link all of my competitions to this link up, and I’ve added her badge to my side bar because I link so often. Rachel’s link up is great for gettting more people to see and enter your competitions on your blog, or for a nose at if you like entering them yourselves as well.
There’s always a lot of competitions on there, and Rachel is fantastic at promoting your competitions on Twitter for you once you have linked up. There’s no particular day as such for this linky, as Rachel keeps your competition on until it runs out, see told you she was lovely!
4. Home Etc by Caro at The Twinkle Diaries. I love linking up to this linky with any home themed posts that I write, in fact I have written a couple just to link up in the past. Caro has an amazing eye and flair for interiors, so I love reading her Home posts as well as the others that link up.
She’s also quick to help you with design ideas or tweaks that you could make, and she inspires me to make our home more ‘special’. You can link up to Home Etc every Wednesday.
5. Lovely Things by Laura at Laura’s Lovely Blog. This is open on the first Monday of every month, and is one I haven’t linked up to yet as I’ve only recently discovered it! It’s a pretty new linky that Laura has started and I had to include it as I love the idea of it. I enjoy reading positive posts, so I’m really looking forward to linking up to this one when it re-opens!
**To comment on this blog you do not need to leave your name, email address or website if you don't wish to. Any information entered will remain private and will not be shared with anyone other than the site owner.