I refuse to say how fast this month has gone, as I keep sounding old. It is however time again for my monthly bucket list post to see how I’ve done with my previous goals and to make some new ones for the month ahead. You can check my previous ones out in my Monthly Bucket List section.
Here’s how I got on this month with my list:
- Do a good job on my first Approved Family Friendly assessment visit – This went really well, our caravan was lovely and Hendra was the cleanest holiday park site I have ever seen.
- To give Fin a great birthday – My biggest ‘mini’ man is now 11 and he had a great birthday while we were away. He did all his favourite things, played football, swam, ate pizza, made new friends and played on the 2p machines just to name some of them.
- Increase my stats and followers as always – I didn’t think I had a chance of upping my blog views this month because I had such a great month, but to my amazement I have managed it.
When I wrote my last bucket list there had been 25584 site views on my blog, as of today there have now been 34365, which is my highest so far since my blog started in January.
My Twitter was at 4431 followers and now I have 5310
My Facebook page was at 667 likes, and now has 726, definitely a slow one to grow, but it’s getting there.
Instagram was 1806 now 2184
Pinterest was 2569 and now is at 2706, I’ve pretty much forgotten to work on this one this month!
WordPress/Email I always forget about, but last month was at 183 and is now at 212, I follow back any WordPress subscribers by the way!
YouTube – I had 40 subscribers, I now have 50. The boys are doing some fundraising for JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) and have done the first of a series of YouTube videos for this. Their Bean Boozled challenge was a lot harder than they expected.
Tots 100 – I am currently number 87 out of over 8000 blogs and feeling a little bit proud, but a little bit like a gatecrasher! My position last month moved slightly so I was at 198 before this.
- To meet some local bloggers – I went to a blogger’s event at Mish Lingerie with Panache and met some lovely bloggers, it was a great event and I am so hoping there are more in Cornwall at some point, as I’ve been invited to loads in London recently, which really isn’t practical for me.
- Not cry at Fin’s leavers’ assembly – Amazingly I managed this, but only just! He was ill so only just got through it himself and then missed his last day at school the next day. He wasn’t worried though, he has never been a big fan of school, and I’m just happy he is better now.
- Clean our pit of a house up – I have had a big clean through twice this month, and I am staying on top of things a little better than I was, but it’s still not quite as sparkling as I’d like so more effort still needed.
- Plan our Summer – I wrote a Summer Bucket List and have been planning some things to do with the boys, and now that Fin and Si (who had some sort of bug as well) are better, we are starting to enjoy our Summer holidays.
In August my aims are:
- Increase my followers and stats as always.
- Get organised for school – I have a secondary school uniform to buy for the first time eek, and all sorts of other new things the boys need.
- Give the boys a brilliant school holiday.
- Lose weight – it’s been creeping on for a while now and I NEED to get it under control before I slip back to the old very much larger me, who ate a packet of chocolate hobnobs to herself frequently. I have actually not eaten a single hobnob since I originally lost over 2 and a half stones – I don’t dare.
- Raise some more money for JDRF – the boys have managed £25 and I am very proud of them, and it’s been a big boost to Fin who was struggling a bit.
- Finally dye my hair – I’m hiding some serious roots underneath this constant pony tail, many of which are a little too ‘sparkly’ under the light for my liking.
- Get my blogging organised – I need to start scheduling posts, or at least having back ups in my drafts for days that turn manic and keep me from touching my keyboard for most of the day. I write my posts usually on the day that I publish them, and I also need to sort a decent blog diary/planner out to keep everything clear about what I need to be doing when. This may stop the last-minute panics that I have to do a post that day, and only have a spare hour to do it!
What are your goals this month, other than surviving the school holidays?!