Time for my favourite post of the month! I really do love looking back at the past month and noting the things I have liked and loved, it never fails to make me smile! I link this post up every month to my #TenThings blog linky, which is open for any bloggers to link up with, the more the merrier!
Anyway here is my list of ten things I have liked/loved this month, in no particular order..
1. Fin’s HbA1c test result – This is basically a 3 monthly finger prick blood test that my Type 1 Diabetic son Fin has, the result of which tells our consultant how well controlled Fin’s diabetes has been over the previous few months.
For those of you that know what it means his was 6.9%, for those of you who don’t, basically his result was in the perfect range, the range we should be in for him to hopefully avoid complications from his condition.
I usually call it the ‘bad Mum’ test rather that HbA1c, and I am always relieved when it’s a good result, even if we try our hardest all the time, it’s nice to have confirmation that we are doing okay!
2. My Tots 100 Score – I am now the proud owner of a ‘top 500’ badge as I am currently ranked number 365 out of over 8000 parent blogs! I was so pleased with this, as I really do put the hours in and it’s lovely to feel I’m achieving something…plus I have a pretty top 500 badge ;)
3. Si starting to knock the old sheds down – There are disgusting old concrete sheds in our garden which leaked, had mushrooms growing in them and just generally looked horrible. Now they are over halfway demolished, and I am so excited to be seeing them disappear. Poor Si is seriously over doing it as usual though as he has a physical job as a welder all week long as well.
The new sheds he’ll be building will house the usual stuff like a tumble dryer (currently squashed in to the dining room), chest freezer and tools, but will also have a little gym area for me. I can’t wait to get my treadmill out of the spare room and hopefully buy myself a punch bag.
According to Simon I suffer from short person angry syndrome, so having something to whack as a stress reliever will be brilliant!
4. My new Photos of Cornwall section – I am loving that I get to share photos of my gorgeous county with you, and from all over the county since it is other people’s photos I am showcasing! If any one has any holiday snaps from Cornwall that they’d like to share any time or if you live here and fancy being featured, then let me know as it’s open to professionals, amateurs and everyone in between.
5. Registering as self-employed – I like to keep everything legal, and although I’m not in any danger of becoming a millionaire any time soon, I am really liking the fact that I am now making money from doing something that I love so much.
6. Being nominated for the MADS blog awards – Another blog one, but I couldn’t not add this one! I was absolutely thrilled to hear that some lovely person (or people?) nominated me for the Blog of the Year award from Tots 100 MADS Blog awards, and although I really can’t imagine I’ll have a chance of winning, you can see how to nominate me in my recent MADS blog post.
7. Visiting the beach at Bedruthan Steps – Despite the fact that the steps back up nearly killed me, it was lovely to spend some time as a family with my sister Bex, her husband and my crazy niece. It’s really a beautiful place for a walk.
8. The boys being Toy Testers – We have been selected this month to be toy testers for Wicked Uncle, and the boys got to choose what they tested. They were thrilled by this, and have plans for a YouTube video made by them for the blog post and toy test. This could be very interesting, although Si has refused to let them test the spud guns out on him for the video – I said no as well, as not sure I want to encourage other people’s children to shoot people?!
9. Our new printer – This seems like a bit of a sad one, but for years we’ve had a beaten up old printer that takes forever to untangle and plug in and now today I have bought a lovely new one that also photocopies/scans/prints/answers the phone and washes up…well not quite but it’s still very cool!
10. Selling the boys old toys – They have been having a big clear out of things they are too old for now (sob!) and we have been doing a lot of ebaying recently, and I am loving the de-cluttering, plus the money is going in to their bank accounts for when they are grown up, and it’s a nice feeling seeing their little nest eggs grow.
What have you been liking and loving this month?