I can hardly believe it is almost the end of yet another month, but it definitely is and that means it is time for my Ten Things I have Liked/Loved This Month post again! This is actually one of my favourite posts that I do, as it makes me smile thinking back to good things over the last month.
Anyway here is my ten things list, as usual in no particular order…
1. My new laptop! I have been thoroughly spoilt by Si, as he recently bought me a new laptop as part of my mother’s day gifts, and as an early birthday present. My birthday isn’t til the 15th April, but like my Mum says I am a spoilt bratt!
I suspect he has partly bought me the laptop because he is lovely like that, but also partly because he could never get onto our old laptop as I tended to ‘blog hog’ it.
2. My Tots100 ranking! If you wonder what on earth this is, then feel free to click on my Tots badge in my sidebar for a nose, but most bloggers will know what I mean.
Anyway I have jumped a huge 739 places to number 818 ranking of around 8000+ blogs, which I am thrilled about! Especially, as this was only the second month that my blog has been live! My competitive side has half an eye on getting into the top 500 soon, but I’m sure that’ll take a lot longer, and I could still go down yet Eek!
3. Our Poldark inspired day out . As much as I love my boys, it is lovely sometimes to have an adult only day and spend the day doing something as a couple. We went on a bit of a mystery tour of Poldark filming locations, since we love the new series (all about the beautiful scenery and nothing to do with Aidan Turner…), and ended up going down a mine, Poldark Mine to be precise! It was a lovely day, with special thanks to Percy.
4. My youngest’s lovely words. My youngest son recently told me that if he could choose any Mum in the whole world, then he would still choose me. Ridiculously cute, and I didn’t even have to bribe him with chocolate!
5. Our Mother’s Day outing. Despite some people making me a little angry, we had a fantastic day out in Newquay for our Mother’s Day weekend. I love spending time with my amazing little family, and this was the first time we had been to Newquay in ages!
6. Shoutykid books. I had some amazing looking books arrive for review today, specially for the boys and after having a quick flick through I couldn’t help but laugh at some of what I was reading, and I am pretty sure they are going to love them! If your children love Big Nate and Diary of A Wimpy Kid, then they will love these books! Keep an eye out for the review as I will have a copy of one of the books to giveaway!
7. My new blog theme. I researched for ages to find a theme that I liked, and this one was the ‘winner’. It’s a little similar to my old one but fresher, I finally have drop down menus, and a footer! Slightly sad how excited I was by this, and there are still a few tweaks to take care of but I’m very happy with it overall.
8. Bloggy friends. I have had so many hilarious conversations with other bloggers on Twitter recently, and I just love how many like minded people I now have as online friends (don’t take that as an insult), and hopefully I will get to meet some of you in person in the future! Today the lovely Jade over at Raising the Rings, and the equally lovely Eimear over at The Two Darlings have both had me in stitches!
9. The clumsiness of my eldest. As he’s growing so fast now, he doesn’t seem to have complete control of his limbs any more and has become very clumsy. A good example of this is his inability to get sauce onto his plate rather than his face… I have no idea how he managed it, but he squeezed the bottle and it landed all over his face. It was hilarious.
10. A helpful website for WordPress bloggers. I have recently discovered www.torquemag.io which has loads of articles with hints and tips for wordpress bloggers to make the most of their sites, including lists of handy plugins etc. Any help with understanding some of the more fiddly bits of blogging is a blessing for me! Now I just need to find some time to properly read it all!
What things have you liked and loved this month?