Time for my favourite post of the month, where I remember everything good about my month and tell you all about it!
Here are the things I have liked and loved this month:
1. Fin starting secondary school, and really enjoying it – My ‘baby’ is growing up (gulp) he looks so handsome in his new school uniform and it’s blazer, and he’s even walking home from school sometimes. Very proud Mum moment.
2. Heligan – I have done a bit of writing for a holiday company recently (I will share the link on here when it’s live), and as part of this we visited The Lost Gardens of Heligan for free recently. Despite living only 15 minutes ish away, we’d never been and now I have no idea why. It’s a beautiful place.
3. Getting Si’s birthday presents right – Men are so hard to buy for, but despite him not wanting anything this year he loved his presents. I’m already regretting the dodgy dance music CD box set for his car though – my poor ears, but I managed to choose one he liked. He gave me his DVD player/sat nav posh stereo for my car, so only fair I gave him something to listen to.
4. Winning two Twitter competitions – I haven’t entered any competitions for ages, but I used to love entering lots and the only two I entered recently I won both. I won a weeks starter kit with SlimFast during a twitter hour chat, and a lovely necklace through a regular Twitter competition.
5. Having a new advertiser – My latest advertiser is 360 degree Beaches, and if you love Cornwall you should definitely click through to their site in my sidebar. Beware there may be some beach jealousy though ;)
6. Innocent Smoothies – I had never tasted one until recently and wow they are so yummy. Fin and I are the only ones keen on them handily, so we don’t have to share. Any smoothie has a high sugar content, so I make sure he only has some with a meal to minimise any tooth damage, but I love that he’s getting more of his 5 a day this way.
7. My new Superdry jumper – I was a little bit naughty the other day and treated myself to a new jumper. I fell in love with it though, and it’s just as well I bought it as it’s gone a lot colder all of a sudden in the evenings and mornings.
8. My health – for over a year I’ve had back and hip issues, that at times have really gotten me down. At my worst I couldn’t stand for more than ten minutes without shooting pains, and I wasn’t able to sleep at night as being in one position for too long exacerbated it. I haven’t been in anywhere near as much pain for the last 6 weeks or so, I’m managing an hour a day speed walking on the treadmill or out and about in the woods, and I am starting to feel stronger and healthier again. I’m also loving being out and about more seeing views like this.
9. Going to Dairyland with the school Mums – a group of us who have children in Harley’s class met up for an afternoon, before the boys went back to school. This was the first time we’d done it, and we had a great afternoon gossiping whilst all the kids played. It happened because one of the Mums started a Facebook group for the parents of his class, to make sure we don’t miss out on any events at school our children forget to bring the letters home for. A brilliant idea and it’s got me chatting to more parents than I used to.
10. Marshmallow dippers – I did my first ‘recipe’ post on here this week for the marshmallow dippers that the boys LOVED for their dessert the other night. Simple but yummy. Since I’m on a health kick at the moment due to 47 reasons I only ate one, but wow it was delicious.
How has your September been?