I’m a little sad that it’s time for my ten things I have liked and loved post for August, as this means it won’t be long until the boys have to go back to school. I love having them home, and by some miracle they’ve only fallen out once all holidays!
It’s been a very busy month, and at times my blog has been a teeny bit neglected, but my children haven’t and that’s right in my eyes! It’s been a brilliant month, and here as usual are ten things I have liked and loved during it.
1. Springfields – this is one of the boys favourite places to go for a day out and I am so pleased it’s been bought by lovely new owners. It was starting to get a bit run down, but now it’s definitely on the up!
2. Having the boys home – I have loved having them home and we have been on so many brilliant days out including to Springfields, Flambards and Paradise Park. It will feel so odd when they go back to school now, and even more so because Fin will be starting secondary school eek!
3. The Cinema – we love going to the cinema, and I have taken the boys three times over the Summer holidays. We watched the Minion Movie, Fantastic Four and Pixels, our favourite was definitely Pixels it’s so funny. We went each time on sunny days (there were a few!), so that we pretty much had the cinema to ourselves which was great.
4. My email – my inbox has been going crazy lately with some fantastic opportunities for my own blog, and also the opportunity to write for a few other websites. I have to admit I do get a little excited by email, even if sometimes it is disappointing spam!
6. My New Busy B Diary – I’ve been lucky enough to review a 2016 diary from Busy B recently, and I’m a little in love with it. Am I the only one who gets a bit over excited about a new blank diary and the possibilities of what could be going in there over the next year?! I would be lost without a diary, as with the boys’ school term dates, parties, after school activities and all my own dates to remember, my head would be in a spin otherwise!
7. Featuring on Wayfair – I would like to say that I was being featured on Wayfair, but although I wrote the piece and took a chunk of the credit, the project and work was definitely Simon’s! I did write this in the piece though, and once the project is live on the Wayfair website, there will be a ‘featured on Wayfair’ badge in my sidebar that when you click on it, it will take you straight to the post. Here’s a sneak preview of the storage chair that my clever boyfriend made though.
8. Valuelights and magazine.co.uk – they sound like an odd mix to go together, but I am now a blogger for both. I will be writing some pieces for the magazine.co.uk blog, and I am already in the midst of writing my first ValueLights review for my own blog. I was very flattered to be chosen by both, and intend to work hard for both.
9. Guest posting for Twinkl – I had a lot of fun with this and created a Maths Bingo game for it, which the boys really enjoyed, and I enjoyed doing something a bit different.
10. Having more quality time – whilst the boys have been off school, I have purposefully done most of my blog work in the evenings and spent a lot more quality time with them. I think they were beginning to think that the laptop was an extension of me, and I wanted to make the Summer holidays fun and special for them. Hopefully I succeeded!
How has your month been? We’re going to try to make the most of the rest of this month, regardless of the very soggy weather down here.
Stevie x**To comment on this blog you do not need to leave your name, email address or website if you don't wish to. Any information entered will remain private and will not be shared with anyone other than the site owner.