This month I have struggled with narrowing down my things I have liked and loved to just ten things, but since I add it to the #TenThings blog linky, and it’s my own link up I can hardly cheat. It has been a brilliant month despite a few bad days this week, but everything is back to normal and I’m back to my usual happy self. Here are my ten things I’ve liked and loved in July..
1. The boys finishing school – Fin has actually finished primary school all together which seems so odd, but I’m loving the fact that I now have the boys home for six weeks. Once Fin is over his chest infection we’ll be out having lots of fun – unless any of us have caught Si’s lurgy. It’s definitely been a germy household this month.
2. Starting a weekly blog link up – This is with Mummy and Monkeys, and called Pick ‘n’ Mix which has been so much more successful than I thought it would be when I first asked her to host it with me! That does however mean I have a whole lot of reading and commenting to do in addition to this linky, but I’m really enjoying reading a more varied selection of blogs, as bloggers can link up any post or two.
3. The Mish and Panache Bloggers event – I had a lot of fun at this one, and getting measured to discover I was ridiculously wrong about my bra size along with all the other bloggers that attended! I also got to meet some lovely bloggers, and had a delicious lunch. Free food, boobs and lingerie models…yes Si did ask if he could come with me.
4. Our stay at Hendra Holiday Park – This stay was taken in my role as an Approved Family Friendly blogger. We had a great time, and even better it was Fin’s 11th birthday whilst we were there, so it made for a fun birthday for him as well. Still can’t believe my ‘baby’ is 11.
5. My Tots 100 ranking – I know so many people say not to focus on the rankings etc, but it means so much to me that I am now number 87 out of over 8000 blogs in their ranking. I still can’t believe I am in that Top 100, and my blog is now just over 6 months old – where did that time go?!
6. Watching The Bodyguard musical – This was at Plymouth Pavilions and I went with Si’s Mum and sister-in-law Jaime. We made a day of it and had lunch and shopped, which was fun. I also found one of the funniest lamps I’ve ever seen. He just looked so sad and had me in hysterics!
This was the first time I had watched a musical and I absolutely loved it, think I’m definitely going to try to watch another one at some point. I love watching ballet as well, and I’m hoping to try to see some somewhere with a friend this year.
7. Watching the boys in their school play – They were both brilliant, and since it was Fin’s last ever one I may have gotten a little teary eyed.
8. Being asked to guest post for Wayfair – I won’t give you too much detail yet, but Si is doing the hard work and it involves some woodwork, but I love Wayfair, so felt very honoured to be asked. Now I just need Si to get better….because I love him…nothing to do with wanting to crack on with the project.
9. Person of Interest – Si and I both love this television series, and every season keeps us guessing. Action and intrigue, we’re both hooked. Do any of you watch it, and love it as much as we do?
10. My back and leg behaving a lot better – I have had a couple of days of pain recently, but I know it’s because I’m on the laptop slouched too much, so I’m doing my physio exercises and working on it. However this month after over a year of pain, a couple of days pain total feels pretty amazing! I can actually get back to exercising (carefully) and losing the bit of weight that’s snuck on whilst I’ve been more incapacitated! Feeling so much more positive.
What have you liked/loved this month? Anything fabulous happened that you’d like to share? ;)